Unlock your full potential
Trainee Technical Sales Estimator – Hastings
An opportunity has arisen for a Trainee Technical Sales Estimator to join our successful and expanding company.
Get ready to realise your full potential in this challenging and highly rewarding role. Thanks to our continued growth, we’re pleased to announce we’re now looking for a Trainee Technical Sales Estimator based at our Hastings office.
• Based at our HQ in Hastings
• Reporting to: Estimating Manager
• Hours of work: 8.30am to 5.00pm, Mon-Fri, with one hour for lunch
• Starting salary – 25k
• Excellent benefits and in-house training programme
This is a multi-faceted role which demands excellent customer service skills as you’ll be supporting our customers and partners daily: answering technical enquiries, solving problems by phone and in writing, as well as processing stock enquiries via our in-house computer system, preparing quotations and managing project schedules.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Be communicative. Liaise with architects, specifiers, contractors and partners daily – upholding APS’s company ethos of excellent customer service.
- Be thorough. Ensure correct sales procedures and processes are followed.
- Be technical. Process technical and estimating enquiries – efficiently, professionally and courteously.
- Be committed. Develop your knowledge of our product portfolio, cladding materials and fixing systems in order to give dependable technical advice to customers.
- Be engaged. Deal promptly and effectively with customer enquiries/orders and support your team withother admin tasks: Sales, Customer Service, Technical and Quotation processes.
- Complete take-offs and prepare quotations using our architectural drawing package. Including: plans, elevations, sections and technical details dependent on info supplied by our customers. Convert quotation to order and highlight programmes and lead times to customers.
- Be organised. Process sales orders liaising with our operations team and project manager orders in order to ensure full, on-time deliveries in line with customer programmes. Organise literature and samples as required.
- Be supportive. As and when required, support our external sales and technical teams.
- Be adaptable. Complete any ad-hoc or project-related duties requested by your Estimating Manager.
- Be responsible. Perform due diligence. Cross check and verify before any materials are supplied to projects.
Become A Trainee Technical Sales Estimator
What will it take to succeed?
In addition to all of the above, in order to succeed in this rewarding role you’ll need to bring enthusiasm, excellent customer service and be a pragmatic thinker. You will be fully-supported thanks to a comprehensive in-house training programme, enabling you to confidently handle a range of project enquiries and manage live projects both commercially and technically.
- An excellent starting salary of 25k
- On-the-job training and career progression
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Bonus scheme (following 6 months’ probation period)
- 23 days holiday rising to 25, plus public holidays
HOW TO APPLY
Apply in writing, including your CV and a motivation statement, outlining your suitability for the role, to email@example.com