An Afternoon Shift Supervisor
Architectural Panel Solutions is on the lookout for a Shift Supervisor. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day supervision of the factory teams in respect of production and fabrication of both our Petrarch reconstituted stone rainscreen facade and our Downer aluminium rainscreen framing.
The role will encompass ensuring compliance with health, safety and environmental issues (ISO14001), product quality requirements (ISO9001), productivity and maximising the efficiency of both materials and labour.
It is a demanding role, yet one which is equally well-rewarded. Read on…
The Shift Supervisor will report to the Production Manager.
1400 to 2200 Monday to Friday
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Working with the Senior Management Team and Directors, the Shift Supervisor develops and implements policies and procedures designed to improve quality and efficiency.
- Develops and implements manufacturing tasks so that the teams can meet production targets and deadlines.
Manages the efforts of the shop floor teams.
- Communicates expectations to the factory teams and appraises their performance through agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and agreed targets.
- Establishes priorities to ensure that the factory teams work in the most efficient manner.
- Ensures that Quality Control checks are carried out correctly at each stage of production.
- Checks manufacturing equipment and control points to ensure that efficient workflow is maintained.
- Addresses production problems as they arise.
- Educates the factory team about preferred Health, Safety and Environmental practices.
- Liaises with the Engineering Team with regards to the repair and maintenance of all equipment.
- Working with the Factory Management Team and the Engineering Team, provides suggestions for new equipment and modifications to existing to further improve output and efficiency.
- Reports on teams’ performance to the Factory Management Team.
- Makes recommendations about ways to improve employee efficiency and reduce costs.
- Working with the Factory Management Team, recruits, hires and trains new factory staff.
- Counsels and disciplines factory staff who fail to perform or who violate company policies.
- Implements recommended and agreed manufacturing cost reduction strategies.
- Develops excellent cooperation and communication with the internal sales and administration teams.
- Ensures that all work areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Complies with all Health, Safety & Environmental rules at all times.
- Carries out any other reasonable task as directed by Senior Management.
What will you need to succeed?
- Good understanding of Health, Safety & Environmental rules.
- Excellent understanding of company policies and procedures with regards to Quality Control.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to solve problems, either working as a team or individually.
- Ability to work and make decisions under pressure.
- Time Management skills.
- Ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels, both internal and external.
- Understands the importance of attention to detail.
- Understands the importance of excellent customer service.
About Architectural Panel Solutions
Architectural Panel Solutions (APS) is a leading UK manufacturer of high quality reconstituted stone cladding and aluminium framing systems. Product quality and a high level of customer service go hand in hand to establishing our systems as the products of choice for architects, designers, main contractors and installers alike.
Take a look around our site to find out more and apply in writing to Vince Lunn – firstname.lastname@example.org