A Factory Engineer
We’re pleased to share that Architectural Panel Solutions is on the lookout for an experienced Factory Engineer for our Hastings Headquarters.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our successful and ever expanding company.
With our new maintenance structure, we are looking for an electrically biased engineer who is up for the challenge of helping drive continuous improvement in all areas of production and maintenance.
One of the key responsibilities of Factory Engineer will be to maintain machinery and our facilities; monitoring machinery efficiency and working with the management and engineering teams in logging downtime and PPM’s while ensuring compliance in regards to Health & Safety and Environmental issues (ISO14001), as well as product quality requirements (ISO9001).
- Carrying out reactive and proactive Electrical and Mechanical maintenance tasks.
- Conduct electrical testing and inspection, ensuring compliance with industry regulations and company standards.
- Working with machine operators to diagnose and improve issues with health and safety and production efficiency.
- Managing maintenance stock.
- Carrying out fault finding on Electrical and Mechanical systems.
- Implementing and carrying out Maintenance inspections.
- Assisting the management team in planning and scheduling routine maintenance and maintenance shutdowns.
- Effective organisation and supervision of subcontractor activities as required.
- Working with the Production Manager, Quality, Training and Improvement Manager and the Engineering Team, provide suggestions for new equipment and modifications to existing to further improve output and efficiency.
- Comply with all Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental rules, policies and procedures at all times.
The ideal Candidate:
- NVQ level 3 in electrical/engineering (or equivalent)
- Experience as a Maintenance Electrician working on 3-Phase systems and low voltage controls.
- Electrical competency 18th Edition.
- Experience in a Fast-Paced production environment.
- Proactive and enthusiastic attitude to work.
- Good Communication Skills both Written and Verbally.
- Ability to work and make decisions under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality workmanship
- Can do attitude.
- Team player.
- Willingness to carry out other tasks as deemed necessary by the management team.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Overtime Opportunities.
- Bonus scheme.
- 23 increasing to 25 Days Holiday.
- Salary – 40k
About Architectural Panel Solutions
Architectural Panel Solutions (APS) is a leading UK manufacturer of high quality reconstituted stone cladding and aluminium framing systems. Product quality and a high level of customer service go hand in hand to establishing our systems as the products of choice for architects, designers, main contractors and installers alike.
Please apply in writing to our Operations Manager – email@example.com