Our original aluminium rainscreen framing, Downer, offers a helping hand for ANS Global
We’re really pleased to share this latest Downer framing projects, courtesy of our client ANS Global.
Working in conjunction with Jehu Group, ANS Global have been pivotal in developing this £8.65m boutique hotel in Bristol’s City Centre. They were instructed to create three separate living walls, two on the main brick façade, and one under a covered walkway. As you can see in the images.
Hidden beneath this impressive living wall facade, is our aluminium rainscreen sub-structure Downer – the original helping hand rainscreen framing system. Specifically, our DCS031 helping hand brackets and rails.
In the words of ANS Global:
6,240 plants now thriving
Over the three living walls, 6,240 plants are now thriving and growing, bringing benefits for the local environment and the community. In fact, having something as unique and eye-catching as plants on or around your property has in some studies shown to increase real estate values by up to 20%.
More about our Downer aluminium cladding framing
- Made in Britain – our Downer aluminium rainscreen framing is the original helping hand framing system which continues to be created here in our Hastings factory, since 1987.
- Downer is a versatile ‘off-the-shelf’ rainscreen cladding support for most facades.
- Downer extrusions are manufactured from grade 6000 structural and recyclable aluminium
- Our Downer solutions cover all types of fixing applications
- Engineered to perform: energy efficiency, versatility, strength, durability, protection
- BBA approved for complete assurance – tested to the extreme
- Cutting service available
- Extensive UK stocks with items dispatched in 2-3 days
- Fixings specified for each system and stocked (EJOT)
- Technical know-how underpins our Downer framing sales
- Value engineered – If you need specific support for your facade framing calculations, thermal calculations, or for advice on how best to maximise your framing solution, please get in touch, we’re here to help you.
A word from our Sales Director
“In recent years we’ve been working closely with ANS Global, supporting their original living wall facade concepts with our equally ‘original’ helping hand framing system. There are several qualities which have led to ANS choosing our framing solution, not least the ease of installation. Our framing is made from grade 600 structural and recyclable aluminium, which supports their green ethic and it is non combustible too. We feel very privileged to play a part in these inspirational environmentally friendly sustainable schemes and look forward to working with ANS Global more closely in the future.”
Tom Walker, Sales Director